ROCKBOND ADMIX 701 (RB A701) powder is blend of waterproofing admixtures that has been specially designed for use with Portland cement renders, mortars and non flow concretes. The admixture, when mixed with cementitious materials, dramatically reduces the ingress and passage of water and aggressive chemicals through the pores and capillaries of the hardened cement. The compound is ready to use, supplied to order, packaged in moisture proof, durable bags and has a shelf life of two years.
- Can be packaged in water soluble bags for convenient handling.
- Compatible with Portland cement containing microsilica, PFA, aluminous cements and blastfurnace slag.
- Readily dispersed and incorporated into cement and concrete mixes.
- Reduces bleeding, segregation and shrinkage.
- Produces weatherproof, waterproof, impermeable and durable concrete.
- Reduces the rate of carbonation in concrete, and attack by acid gases.
- Improved resistance to sulphate, chloride and chemical attack.
- Enhanced protection against frost attack and weathering.
- Checks staining, microbial growth and efflorescence.
- Helps to cure concrete, and to produce clean and ascetically pleasing finishes.
- High yielding, economical, non flammable, non toxic, odour free, user friendly and safe to use.
- For use as an admixture to waterproof mass concrete, structural concrete, concrete foundations, tunnels, culverts and pipes.
- To waterproof water retaining structures, dams, reservoirs, tanks, swimming pools, and water handling and storage facilities.
- To waterproof cementitious materials, mortars and renders.
- To prevent dampness in underground concrete, cellars and basements.
- To protect concrete against frost, weathering and adverse climatic conditions.
- To protect concrete in ground water containing chemicals, sulphates and nitrates.
- To protect reinforced concrete in marine environments, from de-icing salts and chlorides.
- To waterproof cementitious repair materials.